Monday, September 20, 2010

'Hey Braylon, teach me how to dougie!"


After the Jets' first quarter performance on Sunday, I couldn't help but to think of the MNF game just a few days before: penalties, third down defense, and a terrible offensive performance all around. I seriously debated turning the TV off and going to sleep after watching Tom Brady-locks march down the field to lead the Pats to a 7-0 lead.

But I'm a Jet fan, I knew the game would be exciting regardless if Tom Brady threw for 400+ yards and a handful of touchdowns, so I stuck around.

Even after Darrelle Revis got burnt on a Tom Brady-Randy Moss hookup, I still stuck around.

I guess you can say that I had a good feeling about this one.

Who would've thought that Mark Sanchez would chuck three TD's against a division rival after being criticized all week for his poor decision making and check-down mentality? No one. Who would've thought that the Jets defense would shut down Tom Brady in the second half without Darrelle Revis, who left the game with a hamstring problem? No one. And who would've thought that Braylon Edwards would teach Darius Butler 'how to dougie?' No one.

Get my point?

The Jets came out firing on all cylinders, looking like a different team from week 1. No more turnovers, conservative play calls or confusing formation shifts; it was time to let the boys loose.

Rex Ryan's 'next man up' accountability paid off. Jason Taylor recorded his first sack as a Jet in the fourth quarter with a Tom Brady strip-sack that Bryan Thomas scooped up. Rob Turner replaced Nick Mangold on a 70-yard Jets scoring drive when Mangold's shoulder gave out. Free agent signing Brodney Pool came in and had a huge pic down the sideline while Cromartie stuck to Moss like white on rice after Revis left with an injury to the lower leg. Speaking of Cromartie, this was his second straight game with a pic, not to mention he held Randy Moss without a reception in the second half. I thought he was overrated?

I hadn't even mentioned what we lead the league in last year: our running game. LT was an absolute BEAST out there, and that's always good to see from a Gang Green standpoint. And at the end of the game, what do the Jets do? Pound the football with Greene, wear out the D a little.

Week 2 in the books, bring on the 'fins.



No comments:

Post a Comment