Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Too hot for baseball...let alone anything

I am sweating like Lindsay Lohan in a court room right now.

It's past 9 p.m. here in lovely Saratoga Springs, at East Side Recreational Field, and the temperature has yet to drop under 90 degrees Fahrenheit.

"I'm sweating so much my wife won't even come near me," said a bystander at today’s U-19 baseball game between the Saratoga Stampede and the Colchester Cannons.

In fact, I have attracted mosquitos and bugs of all kind to feed on my poor, sweat dampened skin.

The feeling I have right now is indescribable.

I don't know how these kids do it. With Saratoga/Albany county's heat wave in effect, ruining our cars, clothes and motivation, I find it mesmerizing that these athletes can still withstand this heat.

I'm not even playing and I have sweat dripping from my forehead down to my nose, then rolling off and eventually succumbing to the wood plank bleachers beneath my feet.

Thank god for the wonderful concession stand lady here at East Side Rec or I'd be doomed.

Me, being a broke, underpaid (actually unpaid) freelance writer/sports reporting intern, has not even the funds to shell out a dollar for a water here in 90 degree heat nor the smarts to fill-up my empty at my desk at work before leaving the office.

Luckily, the lady in a black dress selling everything I desire right now, such as ice cream cones and Gatorade’s, helped me out and handed me a water on the house.

Thank the good God for such nice people.

Time to get back to the game, and back to warding off these mosquitos. More later.

No comments:

Post a Comment